click analytics
Adventures in Foodism: New Year's Resolution

Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year's Resolution

It's never easy to create a New Year's Resolution, let alone keep one. However, this year I think I came up with something I can actually follow. My New Year's Resolution is to...

Eat something (whether I make it or buy it somewhere) each week I have never had before.

I know it's not much, but I've been watching a lot of Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern over the holidays, and I think it's getting to me. This world is so big! And even though I might not have the travel budget, I can still experience the food of the world by being fortunate enough to live near a major city, and the Internet. This blog was inspired by my friend Lee, so to Lee and you as well...

Week One
1. I made enchiladas with Salsa Verde (green salsa). This isn't the most exotic thing to try, but it normally scares me because of it's color and heat. However, I found out that I liked the taste, it wasn't that hot, and...the color is still a little odd to me.

2. Purchased Australian Cheddar Cheese at Balducci's. Not as heavy as Cheddar Cheese from, like, Vermont. Would definitely eat again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As a fellow lover of food, I am here to bear witness to how good your enchiladas tatsted today. To anyone reading this, they were awesome. I am looking forward to next adventure.

NCS FINEST