click analytics
Adventures in Foodism: Lesson Learned

Friday, January 11, 2008

Lesson Learned

Week Two
I was supposed to have two items this week, but I only ended up having one. I was going to get tripe (parts of a cow's stomach) as part of my Pho, but they didn't have it!! Fortunately, I got some Ground Veal at Balducci's. I mixed it with Ground Pork, and made an awesome Cavatappi Pasta with Tomato Sauce. Better than when I had it at Vapiano (although theirs was pretty amazing). The Veal/Pork mixture was perfect for the pasta and sauce -- better than beef, which is sometimes too...beefy. From the non-tripe experience I learned my first lesson in this journey: ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP PLAN. Hopefully next week will be more successful!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Korean BBQ = no fail experience to try tripe. Mmmm....

Happy Eating!