click analytics
Adventures in Foodism: Got Tripe?

Friday, January 25, 2008

Got Tripe?

So I finally tried tripe this week. I got a flyer in the mail for this place called Pho Saigon 8 in Alexandria. I was going up to my apartment, and a woman in the elevator saw me looking at the flyer and raved about the place, so I decided to give it a try. Usually delivery Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) isn't very good, but fortunately for me this wasn't the case! The ingredients are a much better quality than most Vietnamese places I've eaten at. And as for the tripe -- it's like tendon. Really CHEWY tendon. I liked it!

I also went to Zola with my friends Jen and Wes, and had this wine: a 2005 Blue Franc made by Shooting Star in Washington state. It had these Austrian grape, and no tannins. Not very good.

I just thought of a cheesy joke for my third new food this week.
Joke: What kind of citrus do Vampires eat?
Punchline: Blood Oranges!
Ok so the joke isn't that great. but the fruit is. I'm eating them right now. They're more magenta/burgundy in color, and really sweet. Yum!

No comments: